0
info@redzet.eu

Town & city » Architecture » Castle, ruins, manor

Lielezere Manor HouseWater Tower of Reņģe Manor
Read description
Water Tower of Reņģe Manor, Reņģes muiža, Ūdenstornis

Water Tower of Reņģe Manor

Code: V-858-20
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on May 29, 2020
FREE 667 x 1000 px
72 dpi
283 KB
S 1748 x 1165 px
14.8 x 9.87 cm / 300 dpi
MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 6000 x 4000 px
50.8 x 33.87 cm / 300 dpi
23.3 MB

Reņģe Manor (Latvian: Reņģes muižas pils, German: Ringen), also called Ruba Manor, is a manor house for the von Nolcken family that was built between 1881 and 1882 in the historical region of Zemgale, in Latvia. It is located about 2.5 km west of both the village of Ruba and the railroad bridge where the Glūda–Reņģe Railway crosses the Vadakste river along the border of Latvia and Lithuania. Manor building currently houses the Ruba Elementary School.

History
The first owner of the Rubas or Reņģe manor was Rotger von Ashberg, who, following the collapse of the Livonian Order in 1574, acquired the land here. Wilhelm von Ashberg, who in the 18th century. He inherited the manor in the 2nd half and sold it to his brother Christoph in 1789. In 1794, when Wilhelm, after his marriage to Countess Theresa Kettler, also became the owner of the Ezere Manor, she exchanged the Ezere Manor with the Bruzilu Manor (Latvian: Bruzilu muižu German: Gut Bresilgen), which belonged to the Ezere Manor. When the manor of Lake Ezera was bought by Baron von Stieglitz, a wealthy Russian man, in 1835, Rügen became his property. In 1879, Voldemar von Nolken, son of Gustav von Nolken, the then Baron of the Lake, became the owner of Reņģe Manor (later he adopted the title of Count von Reiter). His son, Count Michael, the last owner of the Reņģe Manor, joined Baltische Landeswehr and fell in 1919 fighting with the Bolsheviks. Since then and till Latvian Agrarian reform of the 1920s estate was property of the Baron von Nolken family. The Manor main building, which has survived to the present day, was built during the time of Baron Voldemar von Nolken (1881–1882). The project was designed by architects Reinhold von Sivers and Max Schervink. The latter, he thought, also designed the building's luxurious interiors. The castle is a one-story brick building with basement and attic construction. At present, the decorative finishes of the palace interior as well as several stoves and fireplaces have been preserved. Not far from the castle, beside the farm buildings there is a peculiar manor water tower, built in 1882.
en.wikipedia.org


The architectural ensemble of the manor complex developed at the side of the Vadakste River. The manor-house was built at the side of the river opposite the household buildings and servants' house creating the closed yard. The watertower was built near the houshold part of the complex. At the top of the near hill is situated the windmill, but downhill closer to the road besides the river was built the watermill. The present palace was built for Barons' von Nolken's family in 1881–1882. Its architectural forms were inspired by rich forms of French Baroque palaces and decorative motifs of Neo-Renaissance.
www.vietas.lv

Water Tower of Reņģe Manor

Code: V-858-20
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on May 29, 2020
FREE 667 x 1000 px
72 dpi
283 KB
S 1748 x 1165 px
14.8 x 9.87 cm / 300 dpi
MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 6000 x 4000 px
50.8 x 33.87 cm / 300 dpi
23.3 MB
When choosing to browse our site, you consent to the use of cookies to tailor your experience.
Accept
Priecājamies dalīties ar savām fotogrāfijām!

Turpināt lejuplādēt

Ja vēlaties atbalstīt portālu ar savu brīvprātīgo ziedojumu tā attīstībai:
PayPal:
vai
Bankas pārskaitījums:
Aija Pastare
Konts: LV13HABA0551043352866