0
info@redzet.eu

Town & city » City » City

Landscape of Talsi, Latvia
Read description
Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church, Talsu luterāņu baznīca, Talsu ezers, Talsi

Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church

Code: V-805-15
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on July 25, 2015
S 2000 x 1333 px
2.57 MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 3888 x 2592 px
33 x 22 cm / 300 dpi
7.81 MB

On the steep Church Hill of Talsi rising above the old town stands the white-stone Church of Talsi – built in 1567 and reconstructed numerous times. In the course of several centuries its architecture was shaped by Roman.

Its history is reflected both in the architectural planning and in the facade structure of the building, providing an insight into the architectural fashion of 18—19th centuries. The history is also symbolically manifested through the church relics, of which the most prominent are an epitaph of the Vischer family (1794) engraved in limestone and bearing some traits of Classicism, as well as the altar painting “The Ascension of Christ” (1876, C. Schönherr).

The church has two stained-glass windows and two bronze church-bells in the tower (the oldest dating back to 1601). Many outstanding pastors have served in the church. The most renowned was Karl Ferdinand Amenda – due to his connection with the acclaimed composer Ludwig van Beethoven.

Working time
Church in the summer months are open every working day from 10:00 -16: 00
During the winter months - the church is open during the church service Sunday - 10:00

For church visit at other times, please contact before.

Contacts
E-mail: talsuevlut@e-apollo.lv
Mobile: +371 29392287
Phone: +371 63224251
www.kurzeme.lv/en

Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church
On the top of the abrupt Baznīcaskalns (Church Hill) stands the white masonry Talsi church – the dominant of the old town. It was built in 1567 and later rebuilt for several times. A transept and sacristy are attached to a rectangular, elongated building. The square bell-tower is attached on the west side of the church, it has a pyramidal spire with a sphere, rooster and a cross. The church spire, the rooster, the tiled roof, the façade and the interior were renovated in 1996 – 1998. The relics of the church witness its history. The most brilliant among them are the epitaph of Fishers’ family (1794) that was carved in limestone and have some Classicism style features, and the altar painting “The Ascension of Christ” (1876) by K. Šēnherts (C. Schönherr). Two stained-glass windows by Ludis Bērziņš adorn the church (1986, a present by Mirdza Kangare-Matule). There are two bronze bells in the church tower (The oldest of them -1601). Many eminent priests have served in this church. Karl Ferdinand Amenda is the most popular, because he is linked to the name of the musician and composer Ludwig van Beethoven.
www.talsitourism.lv/en

Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church

Code: V-805-15
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on July 25, 2015
S 2000 x 1333 px
2.57 MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 3888 x 2592 px
33 x 22 cm / 300 dpi
7.81 MB
When choosing to browse our site, you consent to the use of cookies to tailor your experience.
Accept
Priecājamies dalīties ar savām fotogrāfijām!

Turpināt lejuplādēt

Ja vēlaties atbalstīt portālu ar savu brīvprātīgo ziedojumu tā attīstībai:
PayPal:
vai
Bankas pārskaitījums:
Aija Pastare
Konts: LV13HABA0551043352866