0
info@redzet.eu

Mazirbe Lutheran Church

Read description
Mazirbe Evangelic Lutheran Church, Mazirbes evaņģēliski luteriskā baznīca, Mazirbe, Dundagas novads

Mazirbe Evangelic Lutheran Church

Code: V-186-18
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on June 10, 2018
FREE 1000 x 667 px
72 dpi
144 KB
S 1748 x 1165 px
14.8 x 9.87 cm / 300 dpi
MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 3690 x 2460 px
31.24 x 20.83 cm / 300 dpi
6.02 MB

A wooden church was built here in 1766, and the new brick church was built on the foundations of the old church and consecrated in 1868.  The tall steeple of the church helped ship captains orient themselves during the daytime.  An altar painting by Gunta Liepiņa-Grīva, "Christ and Peter on the Sea," was consecrated in 1993 to replace the former painting, which was lost.  The blue-white-green Livonian flag was consecrated at the Mazirbe manse (now a recollection centre) on November 18, 1923.  Near the manse are several rocks which stand witness to the Black Plague in 1710 and 1711.  The text in Latin said that Livonians on the coastline were conquered by Swedish King Karl IX and the bubonic plague.  The texts on the rocks have eroded away, but records of them were made.  The Mazirbe cemetery has a monument to Old Taisel, a monument to the parents of captain A. Bertholds, and the legendary grave of a werewolf.
www.celotajs.lv

Mazirbe Evangelic Lutheran Church

Code: V-186-18
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on June 10, 2018
FREE 1000 x 667 px
72 dpi
144 KB
S 1748 x 1165 px
14.8 x 9.87 cm / 300 dpi
MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 3690 x 2460 px
31.24 x 20.83 cm / 300 dpi
6.02 MB
When choosing to browse our site, you consent to the use of cookies to tailor your experience.
Accept
Priecājamies dalīties ar savām fotogrāfijām!

Turpināt lejuplādēt

Ja vēlaties atbalstīt portālu ar savu brīvprātīgo ziedojumu tā attīstībai:
PayPal:
vai
Bankas pārskaitījums:
Aija Pastare
Konts: LV13HABA0551043352866