0
info@redzet.eu

Town & city » Architecture » Castle, ruins, manor

Ēdole Evangelic Lutheran ChurchĒdole Castle, Latvia
Read description
Ēdole Castle, Latvia, Ēdoles pils, Ēdole

Ēdole Castle, Latvia

Code: V-015-21
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on March 23, 2021
FREE 1000 x 667 px
72 dpi
303 KB
S 1748 x 1165 px
14.8 x 9.87 cm / 300 dpi
MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 5492 x 3661 px
46.5 x 31 cm / 300 dpi
21.7 MB

Ēdole Castle (Latvian: Ēdoles pils; German: Schloß Edwahlen) is a Gothic Revival castle situated on the banks of Ēdole Lake, Ēdole parish, in the historical region of Courland, western Latvia. Originally consisting of two residential buildings linked by a stone wall, the castle is surrounded by landscape park. It is considered an architectural and archaeological monument of national importance.

The castle was built for the bishop of Piltene between 1264 and 1267. It was rebuilt in the 16th century and from 1561 until 1920 it was the property of the Baltic-German Baron von Behr and his descendants.

During the 18th century the castle was expanded and from 1835 to 1841 it underwent a major reconstruction work to become one of the first samples of Neo-Gothic architecture in Kurzeme. The building was partly burned during the Russian Revolution of 1905. Between 1906 and 1907 a household yard and tower were built in one of its corners, being the façade remodelled with its Gothic forms preserved
en.wikipedia.org
edolespils.lv

Ēdoles pils, Ēdole, Ēdoles pag.,Kuldīgas novads, LV-3310

Working hours
Every day from 8.00 till last visitor

Contacts
Māra Valtere – Castle manager
Mob: +371 26228899
Phone: +371 63321251
mara.valtere@gmail.com
edolespils@gmail.com

Ēdole Castle is a Gothic Revival castle situated on the banks of Ēdole Lake. Originally consisting of two residential buildings linked by a stone wall, the castle is surrounded by landscape park. It is considered an architectural and archaeological monument of national importance.

The castle was built for the bishop of Piltene between 1264 and 1267. It was rebuilt in the 16th century and from 1561 until 1920 it was the property of the Baltic-German Baron von Behr and his descendants.

During the 18th century the castle was expanded and from 1835 to 1841 it underwent a major reconstruction work to become one of the first samples of Neo-Gothic architecture in Kurzeme. The building was partly burned during the Russian Revolution of 1905.

Between 1906 and 1907 a household yard and tower were built in one of its corners, being the façade remodelled with its Gothic forms preserved.
www.latvia.travel

Ēdole Castle, Latvia

Code: V-015-21
Author: Aivars Gulbis
Photo taken on March 23, 2021
FREE 1000 x 667 px
72 dpi
303 KB
S 1748 x 1165 px
14.8 x 9.87 cm / 300 dpi
MB
M 3000 x 2000 px
25.4 x 16.93 cm / 300 dpi
L 5492 x 3661 px
46.5 x 31 cm / 300 dpi
21.7 MB
When choosing to browse our site, you consent to the use of cookies to tailor your experience.
Accept
Priecājamies dalīties ar savām fotogrāfijām!

Turpināt lejuplādēt

Ja vēlaties atbalstīt portālu ar savu brīvprātīgo ziedojumu tā attīstībai:
PayPal:
vai
Bankas pārskaitījums:
Aija Pastare
Konts: LV13HABA0551043352866